DIY Homemade Toners
1. Toner for Skin Whitening:
Lemons, on the other hand, contain antibacterial properties and acts as a natural exfoliator by removing the dead skin cells that can clog your pores. It even has skin lightening properties that can treat your discolored skin.
How to make:
- Firstly remove the lotus petals and wash it.
- Add the lotus petals and lemon slices in an airtight sealed glass container.
- Add excess water and refrigerate it.
The fermentation of these 2 ingredients produces natural toner that makes your skin smooth and hydrated. You can sprinkle it on your hands and pat it on your face or take a cotton pad and gently swipe around your face in outward direction.
2. Toner for acne prone skin
As we know commercial toners contain ingredients that can irritate your skin, so personally, I prefer homemade toners that can calm down my acne without any side effects. My experiment came to an end when I found out the benefits of these two ingredients: Green Tea and Apple cider vinegar. Green Tea has antioxidant antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that can repair your dull looking and damaged skin. When I used this as face pack I personally noticed a decrease in inflammation and redness which gave me the idea of using this as a toner. And apple cider vinegar balances your skin pH balance. So the combination of both gives amazing results.
How to make:
- Take ¾ cup brewed green tea(preferably 2-3 green tea bags)
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- Pour the mixture in an airtight glass jar or spray bottle
- Add 2-3 drops of tea tree essential oil.
- Mix it well and store it in the refrigerator. You can use it for a week.
3. Toner for dark spots removal:
If you have never washed your face with rice water then definitely you’re missing out something. This age-old ancient Japanese secret can help to tackle many pressing skin and hair concerns making your skin fall in love with this amazing ingredient. This DIY home toner uses only rice and water to cleanse and tone your skin. It is rich in vitamins and minerals that reduce dark spots, treats sunburns, tightens pores making your skin extremely soft and radiant.
How to make:
- Take 1 cup rice and wash it twice thoroughly to remove any dirt and other impurities.
- Strain the water and place rinsed rice in a bowl.
- Add excess water in the bowl and let it soak for approx 30 min.
- Strain out the rice water in a glass jar or spray bottle. Apply it on your face using a cotton ball. You can refrigerate the water and use it daily for best results.