Get back your lost shine with our Henna Hair Dye Recipe. Having a bad hair day? And exposing your hair to commercial dyes and those nasty chemical treatments is so crazzyyyy. You may not immediately notice it but when the damage keeps crawling back, you must be wondering where you went wrong !! And hopefully, you all will agree with me that DIY option is the best alternative to bring your good hair days back. So I switched to the traditional age-old hair remedy from grandmadiaries to get back my lustrous tresses. And trust me it worked like magic !! Treat your hair with love and care by using this all-rounder magical herb: Henna
Now let me share how henna is beneficial for your hair.
- It is used as a natural dye for hair coloring.
- It reduces hair fall by providing nourishment to the hair roots resulting in less breakage.
- It strengthens your hair from roots.
- It is a natural hair conditioner that locks the nutrients and moisture in your locks.
- It repairs your damaged hair by building a protective layer around each hair strand thereby saving the internal hair cells.
It helps to keep dandruff at bay by maintaining the pH balance of both scalp and the hair.
How To Use:
Even though you can mix henna directly with water, it is always advisable to add hair-friendly ingredients to your henna mixture for maximum efficiency. The traditional way is using henna leaves directly on your hair or skin, but nowadays henna powder is readily available in the stores which are created by grinding the dried leaves. Let me share you my recipes to fix your hair woes.
Note: It is recommended to store the soaked henna paste in an iron vessel as it helps in oxidizing. This helps the herb to release deep rich color when soaked overnight.
All You Need:
- 5 tablespoon henna powder depending on the length of your hair(I buy from here)
- 2 tablespoon tea or coffee powder
- Curry leaves (20 nos)
- 1 teaspoon Amla powder (I buy from here)
- Fenugreek seeds (methi)
- Hibiscus petals or powder(Buy from here)
- 1 egg
- 2-3 drops of freshly squeezed lemon
- 3-4 teaspoon of yogurt
Benefits Of Ingredients:
- Tea/coffee powder imparts that rich dark brown color giving a wonderful texture and volume to your hair.
- Curry leaves are an excellent source that helps to restore melanin in hair follicles. They are a rich source of vitamin B that helps in hair growth and prevent premature graying.
- Amla powder and fenugreek seeds boost your hair volume and help to bring back your lost shine and curb hair loss.
- Hibiscus petals deeply condition your hair making it extremely smooth and silky.
- Eggs are rich in protein that can repair the damaged ends and help in strengthening your hair. It deeply nourishes your scalp and offers deep moisturization. You can read here.
- Adding lemons to your mask helps to get rid of dandruff. Its acidic nature cleanses the scalp giving life to dull and frizzy hair.
- Yogurt is rich in proteins, vitamins, and minerals that deeply nourishes and hydrates your scalp, thereby repairing your damaged hair making it smooth and silky.
Henna hair dye recipe steps:
- Start with boiling water and tea/coffee powder in your saucepan.
- Add curry leaves, hibiscus petals, and fenugreek seeds into the mixture and let it boil in simmer flame for approx 10 minutes.
- Slowly strain the water and pour in the vessel containing henna and amla powder. Next day you can grind the leftover ingredients (curry leaves, hibiscus petals, methi) and mix it with the paste.
- Mix the mixture thoroughly and ensure no lumps are found. Store it overnight for minimum 6 hours.
- Next day before using the pack, add egg white(if you have an oily scalp), yogurt(unflavored) and lemon juice to the pack.
- Apply on your hair starting from roots to tip by using gloves or any dye brush. Make sure every hair strand is coated properly.
- Cover your entire hair with a shower cap.
- Let it sit for 2-3 hours. Wash it off with cold water.
Avoid shampooing your hair after henna hair mask. Simply wash with cold water thoroughly. After 1 or 2 days wash with any organic shampoo and any good conditioner for best results. This will darken your hair post application. You can massage your hair with herbal hair oil before shampooing your hair.
Henna hair mask is extremely tedious and time-consuming but Hey! Your hair also deserves royal treatment. I use this mask once in a month(lazy me :P). But still, I believe “No pain no gain”.
Do share us your feedback and don’t forget to share with your friends.